I first heard of coronavirus or COVID-19 in January 2020. My sister, Loida, who lives in California, bought her ticket last year to celebrate a milestone high school reunion in the Philippines. She planned to leave the first week of February.

By mid-January, news about COVID-19 spread like wildfire in the Philippines. Loida was a little scared but went ahead with her trip. She went to her reunion, had a blast, and came back to California safe and sound.

When President Trump asked people to stay at home to slow the spread of the virus, the governor of Nevada, Steve Sisolak, declared stay at home order for Nevadans to facilitate the State’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.  In a blink of an eye, the impossible happened. Hotels, casinos, bars and restaurants, conventions, sporting events, and other businesses, large or small, were shut down in an effort to stop the spread of the virus. My work shut down as well but deemed essential and we worked on a rotation schedule working one day a week.  

A lot of sleeping happened the first few days of staying home. After a while, sleep seems to make me more tired, and I knew I had to find ways to keep myself busy. And so I did. These were the things I did at home during coronavirus:


I turned to gardening in isolation and became a frequent visitor at Star Nursery, with my mask on, of course. It was very relaxing.




Everyone’s been cooking like crazy during the coronavirus stay-home order. Sadly, I gained 10 lbs. I cooked, I baked, I eat. What can I tell you?




I started eating healthy, but ended up staying in the kitchen more than I should.






I went to Smith’s grocery store only to find shelves empty that hold paper products and cleaning supplies. With so many frantically stocking up on toilet paper, paper towel, food, water, and wipes I didn’t panic. I thought there were other stores. Wrong! I went to Walmart, Target, Vons, Albertsons, and even Dollar Tree, and I found nothing. I went home empty-handed. We were low on our supplies, and desperate times require desperate measures. My husband hurt his shoulder, so I had to go on my own. Armed with my handy dandy mask, I drove to Walmart at 6:30 in the morning, and stood in line with the others. Success!!! The next day I went to Smith’s at 6 am. Another success!!! I didn’t go back to store again until three weeks later. That’s when they changed the store hours.







We are very particular when it comes to our toilet paper. It MUST be Charmin. 🙂


This is my husband’s project. He was so excited. Unfortunately, our handyman gave up when Las Vegas temperatures reached triple digits. No words yet if or when he is coming back. Hubby was not happy, but there’s nothing we could do. We’ll just have to wait and see. 








Coronavirus changed our lives. I never thought in a million years that I would mail a package to my daughter, Lesley, who lives in Lancaster, California with rolls of toilet paper. The store manager told her none was available because there was no shipment. Times have changed.  









Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s